Saturday 7 March 2009

Saturday fun...

First things first...

We baked some organic banana, chocolate and raisin muffins for breakfast which were scrummy...needless to say there are only one or two left ;)



This is my charity shop bargain. I've been looking for a wool item to felt with and found in a charity shop yesterday - it's a John Rocha cardigan, 100% Merino wool. When I took it to the counter, the woman was oohing and ahhing over the quality and lovely colour. I then proceeded to tell her I was going to take it home, nuke it in the washing machine and then make a felt bag from it! Impressed she was not! Ho hum...
I left it out to dry while we went shopping and when we got back, it smelled like someone/something had pooed in the house. The smell was vile! I have lit every sage stick and oil burner we have...smell has faded a little. What makes wool smell like that?!




And these are my lovely new eco-boxes for my jewellery. I keep opening and closing them as they are so pretty! Recycled cardboard.



And here we have the handsome gardener, DH, pruning, well massacring the apple and pear trees. I am assured we will "still get fruit this year" hmmmm...we shall see.


Our friend Jimbob came afterwards and took all the prunings back to his small holding where he will mulch them up for us and being them back so we can scatter them in the hen enclosure. Good recycling!

I then was exhausted from all the eating and watching, I went to bed for two hours! Six-months' pregnant with a cold makes me even more of a whinging baggage than usual, so I had hot manuka honey and lemon and snuggled up for a sleep.

We also got rid of a load of bits on Freecycle this morning too - nice folk collecting them; restores a bit of faith in the local community!

And we had a treat tea at Subway this evening: a foot-long Veggie Delight on honey oat, with extra jalapeƱos, gherkins and sweet onion sauce. And a Diet Coke, cos I crave it! Yum! Might just have enough room for a little muffin for supper...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, those boxes are gorgeous. Make sure you show us your felting when you've done - I love the colour.

Cut&Alter said...

I would love to be able to be organised enough to have muffins for breakfast! x