Wednesday 6 May 2009

Makings and bakings





Some scrummy ciabatta loaf - we made cheesy garlic bread with this.

Two handbag charms: the pink one for a gift and the green one for my shop. Both from reclaimed sterling silver (actually a Tiffany bracelet that I broke down. I know, I know, total sacrilege to those die-hard Tiffany fans. But hey, I play with jewellery ;) ) Sterling silver findings, Czech and crackle glass and some lampwork beads in there.


And one nursing rocking chair from Freecycle. The lady we got it from said that it used to belong to her grandmother so I'm guessing it's over 80-years-old. Hubby has beeswaxed the wood, but it needs a stain to revive it. The upholstery needs a steam clean I think, but it is so comfy. Might have to fight the Pixie for the privilege to sit in in though!



Almost finished one blanket so hopefully get a piccie up of that once I have done the edging.


Made a lovely traybake of cookies too: leftover Green and Black's Ginger choccie chopped into a wholemeal, oat and raisin base into thick slices. Y-uuuum! Not much left though.

No comments: