Friday 2 December 2011

Our Thanksgiving Tree

A quickie again!


Our little tree, on our seasonal hearth, that we use to hang on notelets of things that we are thankful for. The children hung some decorations that they made onto the tree. We open the notes of thanks all together on the 25th December during dinner and read them out. It's a lovely way to encourage the children to think about the lives they have and the things that matter most to them (as opposed to the material shite that Argos will have churned out at this time of the year...*gets down from soapbox*).

And my companion whilst I turned the entire house upside down and moved sofas from here to there and back again


My faithful boy, snoring comfortably on his sheepskin rug (one of our friends' sheep *sob* but at least the whole animal was used).

I do get itchy feet in the house, with regards to shifting and moving furniture. Last night was no exception and I finally got to bed at 01.00hrs, following my fabulous decision to move 4 bookshelves and their contents into a different spot. And I also got an armchair stuck between the kitchen and children's play room. But we won't mention that to the chap, because I think I *may* have buggered the paintwork too...anyhoooo, it's all organised again now, ready for the blasted Chrisumerism tree to go up on Saturday.

Can you tell I'm not a twinkly-and-sparkly-Santa-loving kinda gal?!

I shall now crawl away to my cave of doom and misery and emerge in January, happy and jolly when most folk will be pissed off, dreading the flippetty-flap of the letterbox as their Visa card lands and the imminent New Year Blues set in. Hurrah for 2012!

No comments: