Tuesday 18 May 2010

Framing marvellous!

Not one to spend a shed load of cash on, well, anything much really, we needed some colourful prints for the small ladies' bedrooms.

On a recent trip to a DIY store, I had an ingenious idea. Wallpaper.

No, really.

A great way to fill old photo frames and create a lovely picture for small eyes to look at.

I snaffled a small selection of fairy wallpaper "samples" (did you notice the air quotes - did you?). Well, in the name of thriftyness, I have to use what materials I come across.














My mum had saved all of my first birthday cards (from sooooo long ago), so we chose this one and framed it for baby:




And a couple of prints I picked up from a flea market about 10 years ago - Pigling Bland and Jemima Puddle Duck.












They look lovely hanging in the children's corridor and the children love their new pictures.

I have kept this little bit of wallpaper to frame for our kitchen when the new renovations have been done (more flippin' dust and brickwork to create an extra room for the children to work in).



And so ends the thrifty tips for today :)

No comments: