Tuesday 28 April 2009

Another week closer...


9 weeks to go now, before this bump becomes a real baby on the outside world. Gone will be the protection of my elastic tum and constant lull of my heartbeat, and our baby will be thrust into the centre of our lives. Am hoping that I can opt for a no-visiting clause if I have to stay in hospital and even at home for a few days. Certain friends will be excluded from this, but family, I am hoping will keep their distance!

Sounds truly awful, I know, but they exhaust me at the best of times, and with a newborn in the house, I feel strongly that it should be just the four of us adjusting to life as a bigger family, now swamped with cooing visitors, smelling of perfume/cosmetics/smoke etc - our newborn will be preciously clean and new, and will not need any additional scents, thank you very much.


Aside from this thought, we have had a busy week: hubby has bought a market stall, done his first market, made a profit, and made himself happy that he can do the self-employment route. He is still wobbly some days, but then we've had a HUGE lifestyle change - it will take some time getting used to it.

I have a sinus infection which is driving me crazy, with pain and aching on my face. I have had it since falling pregnant, but it has gradually worsened. I even went to the GP last week, and got some antibiotics. I have not taken them however - the ingredients horrified me:

Gelatin (great for veggies), E110 Sunset yellow, E122 Carmoisine, E133 Brilliant blue, Methylparaben and Propylparaben. Oh, and amoxicillin.





Why the chuff a simple antibiotic should be stuffed full of shite I do not know. Especially when the colours have been pushed for a voluntary ban in the UK, have already been banned in several countries outright, and have been linked to behavioural problems in children - no wonder parents report their children turning loopy after doses of the vile and evil Calpol - it is jam-packed full of vileness, yet parents all over the land regularly feed it to their children without a concern.

My lovely herbalist friend has prescribed me a medicine that seems to be shifting things.


How do strict vegetarians go on with most capsule medications containing gelatin? Pah...




1 comment:

Liz said...

Good luck with the market stall x I did a minimum week ban after DS2's birth and it was utter bliss knowing that that week was safe time just for us without any expectations from anyone else, no worries about having to be hostess, I think every new mother should get a minimum of a weeks peace and quiet, time for the new family to get to know each other. Meals to be left on the doorstep should anyone feel so inclined!